Mrs. Kimberly Murtaugh
Mrs. Shannon Gomez
Greetings Frisbie Parents and Guardians,
The beginning of a new school year is quickly approaching. On behalf of the Frisbie faculty and staff, I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer filled with adventures and good health. We are so excited to have the students back in our classrooms filling them with energy and their enthusiasm for learning.
Our dedicated staff members are preparing the classrooms to be inviting environments for your child. The office staff has been busy registering new families, updating student files, and composing documents to provide you with all the information you need to begin the school year. Our hard working custodians have spent the summer cleaning the facility. And, our much appreciated PTO members are gearing up to welcome new families and offer exciting programs to our students.
I am pleased to welcome a few additions to our staff. Students will see Melissa Anastasio in the cafeteria as she will serve as our new lunch aide. Elizabeth Beaudoin will work with students as our new school psychologist. We are excited to have them as part of the Frisbie team.
As in the past, Frisbie is participating in the Governor's Summer Reading Challenge. We have been recognized by the Governor's office for many years. We are hopeful that we will again be recognized as a top school with one hundred percent participation. Please fill out those summer reading logs and have your child hand them in the first week of school.
This year will be excellent as we continue to provide academic experiences that rigorous, relevant, and help them build relationships while making real world connections. We will continue to provide teachers with professional development on the recently adopted NGSS Standards. In Grades K and 1, teachers will receive professional development around vocabulary acquisition and oral language. An ongoing focus will be placed on providing your students with challenging learning activities that promote deep problem solving and vocabulary development. Also, we will continue to use various student assessments to improve student learning.
There are a few general procedures and policies that I thought you should be made aware of/remind you of before we kick off the 2022/2023 academic year. They are listed below:
- InfoSnap/Back-to-School Forms- Parent/Guardians will be required to provide an "e-signature" online on the InfoSnap forms provided by the district. As in the past years this is done digitally to streamline the process.
- Student Arrival Time - Students are required to be in school by 8:55 am. Parents may drop students off as early as 8:25 am.
- Student Drop-Off - If dropping your child off, please use the gym side entrance while pulling up all the way to the stop sign.
- Security - Parents/visitors may enter through the main entrance at the front of the school. Visitors will be required to ring the buzzer, identify themselves and purpose of their visit, and check in with the security aide, Elissa Cibelli, before entering the main office area.
- Student Absence - Please call the school if your child is going to be absent for the day so we can account for their whereabouts.
I am thrilled at the opportunity to get to know all of you this year and engage in the educational process together. I look forward to working with you as a team to help your child meet their goals and have a successful school year. Enjoy the remaining days of the summer. We are looking forward to seeing your child on the first day, August 28th.